The UAM-CLIL Research group presents
Integrating content and language for teacher development in
bilingual/multilingual educational settings: From research to practice
Wednesday June 10, 2015
Centro Cultural La Corrala, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Calle Carlos Arniches 3-5, Madrid
This colloquium brings together international experts in language-learning in multilingual (CLIL/immersion/CBI/EMI) settings. The focus of this event is to identify how different research perspectives (e.g. interactional competence, cognitive discourse functions, etc.) can lead to practical insights for teacher development across contexts (CLIL, CBI, immersion, EMI) and educational levels (from primary to tertiary). It is, then, a forum for researchers, teachers and teacher educators to meet and discuss perspectives on the roles of teachers in content and language integrated learning. The meeting will be held at the Universidad Autónoma’s conference centre, La Corrala, a seventeenth century building in the heart of Madrid.
- Do Coyle (University of Aberdeen)
- Diane Tedick (University of Minnesota)
- Christiane Dalton‐Puffer (University of Vienna)
- Steve Walsh (University of Newcastle)
- Emma Dafouz (Universidad Complutense de Madrid)
- Fran Lorenzo (Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Sevilla)
- Tom Morton (Birkbeck, University of London) and Oliver Meyer (Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz)
See the programme.
Registration is free of charge. Deadline: May 31st, 2015. Registration on-site only if space permits.