Professional development seminars
Since 2019, the UAM-CLIL group organizes multi-session professional development seminars for CLIL teachers. Click on the links below to read more about these seminars. If you would like to participate in future professional development seminars, please let us know! We are always happy to work together with new schools and teachers!
- “CLIL methodology and evaluation tools” (2020-2021)
- “Creation of tools to evaluate academic linguistic competence in History, Plastic Education, Natural Sciences, Spanish Language and English” (2019-2020)
CLIL Research Seminars
The UAM-CLIL group regularly organizes the Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL) Research Seminar, a mainstay of our knowledge transfer and outreach programme, in which both theoretical and practical knowledge related to our ongoing CLIL research is shared with education professionals (teachers, teacher trainers, principals, …), other researchers, and students. To be invited to future CLIL research seminars, subscribe to our mailing list.
Browse the programmes of past CLIL research seminars:
- XII CLIL research seminar (October 2020) – Christiane Dalton-Puffer, Ana Llinares, Elena del Pozo, Aline Bieri
- XI CLIL research seminar (February 2020) – Tarja Nikula, Dominik Rumlich, Elisa Hidalgo, Thomas Somers
- X CLIL research seminar (November 2018) – Christian Aquino, Tarja Nikula, Aline Bieri, Thomas Somers
- IX CLIL research seminar (November 2017) – Francisco Lorenzo, María Rodriguez, Aline Bieri, Amanda Pastrana
- VIII CLIL research seminar (January 2017) – Tarja Nikula, Amanda Pastrana, Thuy-Thi Nguyen
- VII CLIL research seminar (November 2016) – Christiane Dalton-Puffer
- VI CLIL research seminar (February 2016) – María del Pilar García Mayo, Amanda Pastrana, Elisa Hidalgo, Thomas Somers
- V CLIL research seminar (November 2015) – Tom Morton, Elena del Pozo, Thuy-Thi Nguyen, Rachel Basse
- IV CLIL research seminar (February 2015) – Tom Morton, Amanda Pastrana, Elisa Hidalgo, Rachel Basse
- III CLIL research seminar (March 2014) – Tom Morton, Irene Pascual Peña, Amanda Pastrana, Thomas Somers, Rachel Basse
- II CLIL research seminar
- I CLIL research seminar
Conferences and colloquia
- Participation, discourse, and motivation in the CLIL classroom. (2018, 20 November). Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid.
- CLIL Colloquium: Integrating content and language for teacher development in bilingual/multilingual educational settings: From research to practice. (2015, 10 June). Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid.
- Applied Linguistics Perspectives on Content and Language Integrated Learning (ALP-CLIL). (2013, 5-8 June). Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, Madrid.